SDGs and Regulatory Impact Assessment
For the project "Peer to Peer for Sustainable Impact Assessment" we are collecting policy papers, studies and research reports on the quality of regulatory impact assessment, and how to mainstream sustainable development and the SDGs into RIA. Many EY member states, the European Commission and the OECD are involved in the project, which was commissioned by the German Environment Ministry BMU. To support others who are interested in this area, we decided that the now growing collection of documents could best be open access.
- Niestroy, Ingeborg et al. 2019. Europe’s Approach to Implementing the Sustainable Development Goals: Good Practices and the Way Forward. European Parliament Policy Department for External Relations
- OECD. 2019a. Better Regulation Practices across the European Union. (November 8, 2021).
- OECD. 2019c. Regulatory Impact Assessments in OECD Countries Are Increasingly Considering a Wider Range of Impacts: Number of OECD Jurisdictions Considering Impacts for at Least Some Regulations.
- RPA & EPRD. 2015. Study on the Potential of Impact Assessments to Support Environmental Goals in the Context of the European Semester: Final Report. LU: Publications Office. (April 20, 2021)
Integrated sustainability assessments
- Achtnicht, Martin, Klaus Rennings, and Julia Hertin. 2009. “Experiences with Integrated Impact Assessment–Empirical Evidence from a Survey in Three European Member States.” Environmental Policy and Governance 19(5): 321–35.
- Bond, Alan, Angus Morrison-Saunders, and Jenny Pope. 2012. “Sustainability Assessment: The State of the Art.” Impact Assessment and Project Appraisal 30(1): 53–62
- Jacob, Klaus et al. 2011. “Integrating the Environment in Regulatory Impact Assessments.” Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development. https://www.oecd. org/gov/regulatory-policy/Integrating20RIA20in20Decision20Making.pdf.
- Jacob, Klaus, Stratos Arampatzis, Basil Manos, and Thomas Bournaris. 2013. “A Toolbox for Impact Assessment and Sustainability.” Procedia Technology 8: 355–59.
- European Commission (2021). Better Regulation: Joining forces to make better laws
- European Commission (2021). Better Regulation Guidance and Toolbox.
- OECD. 2010. Guidance on Sustainability Impact Assessment. OECD Publishing.
- Meuleman, L.. 2018. Metagovernance for Sustainability: A Framework for Implementing the Sustainable Development Goals. Routledge.
- Niestroy, Ingeborg, and Louis Meuleman. 2016. “Teaching Silos to Dance: A Condition to Implement the SDGs.” Guest article IISD SDG Knowledge Hub, 21 July 2016.
- OECD. 2019b. “Recommendation on Policy Coherence for Sustainable Development .” (October 5, 2020).
- OECD. 2009. Regulatory Impact Analysis: A Tool for Policy Coherence. Paris: Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. https://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/governance/regulatory-impact-analysis_9789264067110-en (November 8, 2021).
- Russel, Duncan, and Andrew Jordan. 2006. Gearing-up Governance for Sustainable Development: Patterns of Policy Appraisal in United Kingdom Central Government. CSERGE Working Paper EDM.